Thursday, March 27, 2014

This could happen to you,are you prepared?




I was there the night this emergency room nurse was assaulted. She truly couldn't believe the patient hit her" I had taken care of him before". She felt she was fine to go back to work and was surprised that a co worker felt she needed to get checked by the physician. When she was told to go home ,she was very concerned because "what about my patients?" "I haven't seen them,I need to take care of them" This woman is a great nurse,she is compassionate,kind,smart,non judgmental and surprised that she was sent home. This nurse didn't come back to work in the ER due to her injuries when she was assaulted. We lost a great nurse. The assault of a man that was angry at his wife and son that escalated into the emergency room and he alone changed this nurses career.

All incident reports were made out and the police were called.


Sheila Wilson R.N.BSN MPH

www.stophealthcareviolence.org

No comments:

Post a Comment