Sunday, September 1, 2013

"I am Fine"

It is a little over a year ago that one of my coworkers was assaulted by a patient that was brought to the ER by EMS.I was working that night and saw the aftermath of this assault. I saw this man(after he punched the nurse in the face) beating himself on his face and chest yelling "come and get me"
I wrote her story and I was very lucky it got published in Advance for Nurses magazine.
http://nursing.advanceweb.com/Lifestyles-for-Nurses/Columns/Tell-Us-Your-Nursing-Story/I-Am-Fine-but-Violence-in-the-ED-is-Not.aspx
It is quite a story ,however what isn't in the story is the horrific PTSD this nurse has experienced and her day in court.
When a healthcare worker gets assaulted it is devastating, it changes your life. Please go to www.stophealthcareviolence.org there are many videos and other stories of nurses getting assaulted. Thank You 

No comments:

Post a Comment