Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Are we like frogs and really don't know ,what's going on?

I was just reading a book,and came upon a sentence that went like this ;If you put a frog in boiling water it will jump right out but if you put in in cool water and slowly let it come to a boil the frog stays in.You can eat frog.
I wonder is that what it is with us?
Is the workplace cool and then gets hot and boils us makes us think that everything is good and we end up dying or hurt?
When I started in the hospital I was so proud. I felt a little ownership, I saw others that had the same feelings, we worked hard and long. I really believed people that had jobs much higher than healthcare workers cared for the patients like we did. Over the years I found out they don't care!
Now I say to myself ,why would I say that? I have seen my coworkers being assaulted time and time again.No one cared, no phone calls ,no cards except from your co workers. It was like, this nurse is out ,I guess we will get the per diems to work or call the travelers.
 Well, Until the nurses fought to get security in the ER 24/7 the only thing we could do was use the phone to get security and sometimes security was to far away to help. One night I remember we had a terrible incident ,a patient became very aggressive and fighting with everyone ,he knocked out the Director of security and guess what ,we had police in for security until this patient left.
It saddened a lot of us to see how this administrator really showed us her true feelings. Maybe if nursing was higher up the food chain we would have received the same treatment.

No comments:

Post a Comment